Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day



Hey Everyone!  I’m hoping you are enjoying your day – it’s Valentine’s Day  … you know, love and all that jazz.
It’s also a long weekend.  This is the first year since I’ve been with this company that we’ve gotten off for President’s Day.  This year the holiday policy changed to mirror the Government holiday schedule.  Nothing wrong with that.  Next week will also be a short week for me because I get to trek up the way to visit with my mother.  Her church is having a big celebration send-off for her because come spring she will be a resident of VA.  I’m so glad this is finally happening. 

I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me.  Tonight my church is having a Celebration of Love for single women and for married women whose husbands are deployed.  At first I wasn’t going to attend because it just wasn’t my thing.  But then I thought, “why not?”  Gourmet tapas, chocolates, entertainment ... it will probably be the best Valentine’s Day that I’ve had in years.

Saturday I plan to attend a bodybuilding show.  I’m actually looking forward to seeing the show from the audience’s perspective.  Maybe it’ll get me excited about competing again.  Plus, I’ll get to see all the girls that I competed with last year.  It ought to be a good time.

On Sunday I think I’ll finish painting the garage.  I’ve already got two walls completed so it shouldn’t take me too long to finish up.  I think I’ll also go to Home Depot and pick up the light fixture/ceiling fan.  Once I get that installed all I have to do is put in the flooring and start purchasing the gym equipment.  My goal is to have a “soft opening” in October which will precede the Grand Opening in January.  Of course, I’d like to be training clients by late spring.  This is going to come together so nicely.

On Monday, I think I’ll just study, cook and relax.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Congratulations on the progress with your gym!!