Friday, February 28, 2014

Randomosity

So yeah, I cut my hair off.  Every time I see myself in the mirror, I smile.  I love everything about having short, natural hair.  I do plan to let it grow out and I’m looking forward to the days when it’s shoulder length again, but for right now I’m enjoying the simplicity of it all.  Only one person said I reminded them of Halle Berry … you know, because I’m a Black woman with short hair. (Insert eye roll here)

I can actually see spring coming.  This winter has been horrendous and I need to be able to go outside without a jacket, run in a sports bra and shorts and drive with the top down.  I’m a warm-weather gal 100%.
I’m making awesome progress on the fitness studio (aka: garage remodel).  I’ll be ordering the flooring and a few pieces of equipment this month.  This is so exciting.  This time next month I will have my certification and this time next year I will be a full time fitness trainer!

I went to a bodybuilding show a few weeks ago.  I really want to get back on stage. 
I’m learning to embrace change.  Change used to give me the heeby-jeebies … now I understand that with change comes growth.  I’m all about growing.

I can’t believe I’m going to Hawaii this year!
I think I may start doing YT videos again.  Something fitness related:  exercise demos, recipes, etc.

My baby girl is home for spring break but she has informed me that she will be spending the summer with her father.  I’m definitely feeling some kind of way but I should have expected it.  I gave her an ultimatum and she called me on it.  I basically told her that if she didn’t plan to work this summer than she needed to spend the summer with him because in my house everyone works.  No one lives for free.  I thought that would motivate her to get a job – yeah, not so much.
My son is building PCs now … that kid never ceases to amaze me.  He bought all the parts and built one for himself and then turned around a week later and built one for his woman.  Fully functioning personal computers.  Did he go to school for it?  No.  He figured it out by watching videos on YT.

In a couple of weeks my mother will be a resident of VA.  Yay!   Now I can travel 10 minutes to see her instead of 10 hours.

Life is good.

What’s going on random with you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! It's been quite a while and I have lurked on your page a few times without comment *hangs head in shame*. I've gone through a myriad of changes; some good, some scary, and some bad, but all in all, I'm a better person for it all.

Lil Lady graduated in December after completing 4 years in 3. She amazes me! She's engaged to a wonderful young man and they're both doing well.

I went back to blogging about a month or so ago and am enjoying the release it brings.

Saw your fitness blog...dayum girl! is all I have to say.

I love the short hair. Mine is and has been natural for 3 years now and I enjoy the versatility I have with it. I think it looks great on you :-)