Friday, May 9, 2014

No Complaining and Whole Foods


It’s official.  Summer is here.  No Spring in sight.  Today the temperature will come close to ninety degrees in Va Beach.  I am not complaining.  After the longest winter on record, I made a promise to God that if we have the hottest summer on record, I would not complain.

So moving on.

I’m so glad the weekend is here.  No particular reason – I just enjoy the weekends.

Do you shop at Whole Foods?  I normally don’t.  For two reasons:  It’s locationally inconvenient (i.e. far from house) and it’s financially inconvenient (i.e. expensive as hell).  Despite these two huge deterrents I packed a bag and drove out to the mecca of everything organic and good for you.  I was in search of some healthy snacks because even though I eat very healthily 80%-85% of the time, I still crave something salty or sweet from time to time.  It’s not a huge deal but I really want to do better.  I got some recommendations from YouTube and I was on my way.

Here’s what I picked up:





Some of these snacks were definite hits (Kale Krunch and Coco-Roons), some were misses (goji berries and flackers) and I’m still on the fence with the coconut crisps.  

I posted a video of my first impressions of each one of these over at Fab Fit and 50, go check it out.
I spent more than $30 for these treats O_o and I’m still trying to wrap my head around that ... I suppose I would much rather spend money now to stay healthy instead of spending more money later to correct a preventable problem.  Know what I mean?

 

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

I go to "Whole Paycheck", I mean, Whole Foods a couple of times a week. That's the cheapest place for my water refills, and some of the organic veggies and organic salad mixes are cheaper than my local farmers market.

Healthy food costs a lot more than unhealthy food. The food industry has set it up that way... on purpose. Preventative health problems be damned. Worry about that later!

I will always try something once. I am glad I do, because maybe half the time I find things I like.

I found a good flax seed cracker at one of the natural food co-ops in my area. And I found a great dried kale chip seasoned with lemon and honey at my local juice bar. Yes expensive, but good.