Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Short Timer

It’s July 1st – six months down, six months to go.  I cannot even describe how happy I am to be that much closer to freedom.

I’m about to go on my first vacation of the year.  I get to be a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding this weekend.  This is my second time being a bridesmaid.  The first time was more than 20 years ago and I’ve been a maid-of-honor twice – also 20-some years ago.  Those marriages are all still intact … for some reason that really makes me happy. 
Anyway, I’m packed and ready to go and looking forward to a few days of rest.  After my successful 100-mile challenge, I needed the break.  Next week I’ll be back at the gym, but this week is just about rest.  I love vacations where there is absolutely nothing on the agenda.  I don’t suppose this really qualifies as that … you know, because of the wedding and all, but you know what I mean.  All I have to do is put on a dress and show up.  Not exactly sure what I’m going to do with this hair (#naturalhairproblems) but I’ll figure something out.
Earlier in the week, I was passed over for an opportunity that I really wanted.  Funny thing is, I wasn't really that disappointed.  I remembered this:


And I kept it moving. 

I’m actually looking forward to what God has in store.  I know that His plan will be for my good.  I really wish I had adopted this attitude when I was younger instead of falling into a blue funk each time I didn’t get what I thought I deserved. Life would have been so much more enjoyable.
When you know better, you do better!

 

No comments: