Sunday, December 21, 2014

Annual Review/Preview

I was inspired by Rosetta Thurman of the Happy Black Woman Community to do a "review/preview" of the outgoing and incoming year.

It has given me an opportunity to quietly reflect on the events of 2014 and make solid plans for 2015.  I have learned that we all have the ability to design the life that we desire.  All we have to do is make the decision to do so.  We can't continue to be spectators in our own lives -- just waiting for things to happen and then reacting to them.  We have got to make them happen.  This tool assists me in that.

Here it is:

What I Want to Remember about 2014

What goal am I most proud of achieving this year?
           
            Receiving my fitness trainer certification and launching Fab Fit & 50, LLC

What was the most valuable lesson I learned this year?

            The most valuable lesson I learned this year is that with faith all things are possible and that God has a plan for my life.  All I have to do is trust that plan.

What was the best book, blog, song, movie and/or restaurant I discovered this year?
           
            The  best book I discovered this year was TheWar of Art by Steven Pressfield and the best restaurant was the LemongrassGrille

What was the best place – town, city, country – I visited this year?

            Honolulu, Hawaii

What was my favorite memory from 2014?

            One of my favorite memories of 2014 was running in the CHKD 8k and setting a personal record (PR).  Another favorite was running on Waikiki Beach at dawn while visiting Hawaii.

What I Want to Bring Into my Life in 2015

What do I deserve more of in 2015?

            I deserve more opportunities to help women reach their health/fitness goals.  I deserve more peace.  I deserve to live more comfortably.

Who do I want to attract into my life in 2015?

            I want to attract the “perfect” client in 2015.  The perfect client is an older woman who is motivated to build strength in her body and isn’t afraid of a little hard work.

What new experiences do I want to have in 2015?
           
            Running my own business is a new experience that I want to take full advantage of.  I want to have the experience of being a professional figure competitor and I want the experience of competing on a huge stage.

What new places do I want to visit in 2015?

            In 2015, at the end of competition season, I’d either like to visit Napa Valley for wine tasting or New Orleans.  Maybe both.

What I want my life to look like in 2015

What 3 goals do I most want to accomplish in 2015?

(1)   Build my client list to 15 – revolving at all times
(2)   Become a Professional Figure Competitor
(3)   Go to California or Louisiana for my birthday

What part of my life do I want to pay more attention to in 2015?

            I want to pay more attention to my spiritual life in 2015.  Quitting my job is taking  major step of faith and this is the time to be even more connected to God so I’m able to hear Him when he speaks.  I don’t want to make a move unless He tells me to.

Which new activities, habits or behaviors do I want to start doing in 2015?

            New activities in 2015 will including teaching a class on Wholeness, which I hope will lead to future speaking engagements on the topic.  A new behavior will be to change my workout schedule to late morning/early afternoon instead of early morning.  I also plan to slowly transition to a vegetarian lifestyle.  Very slowly.

What do I want to learn in 2015?

            I really want to embrace my tendencies to be an introvert without becoming a recluse.  I want to learn how to better interact with groups of people

What theme word or phrase best describes what I want to experience in 2015?

            Life Begins at 50!

What Do I Want to Leave Behind as I Enter 2015

What goal did I make the least progress in this year?

            The goal was to have six active clients by the end of the year and I only have two.

What opportunities did I miss out on this year because of fear, doubt or procrastination?

            I probably missed out on potential clients because I didn’t put myself out there enough.  Not enough marketing, not utilizing my email list as I should and not blogging enough.

What mistakes did I make this year?

            The structure of the fitness programs that I was offering was all off in the beginning ... e.g., too many options, not charging enough, etc.

What do I want to stop doing in 2015?

            I want to stop limiting myself with my words.  When people ask me what I do, I want to stop fumbling for an answer that will “sound good” to them.  I felt weird about telling people that I train clients in my home – like somehow that diminishes what I do.  It doesn’t.  I own a private fitness studio.  Either it’s what will fit their needs or it’s not.  I OWN A PRIVATE FITNESS STUDIO.  I AM A CERTIFIED FITNESS TRAINER AND I AM GOOD AT MY JOB.  I AM HELPING TO CHANGE LIVES.


Zechariah 4:10 (NLT) says, “Do not despise small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.


1 comment:

LadyLee said...

Dang man... this was some awesomeness. I wish I was lived up there. I would be a client. Really though.

Here's to a great, abundant, and productive 2015 for you!

Amen.