Wednesday, February 11, 2015

She Believed She Could, So She Did

I do not have a bucket list.   I cannot think of anything that I just have to do before I die.  I wouldn’t consider myself a very adventurous person either. I'm actually pretty boring.  I mean, I have friends who have jumped out of perfectly good airplanes, gone hang gliding, and snorkeling.  None of those things appeal to me.  I still haven’t learned how to swim … partly because I have a fear of drowning and partly because I just don’t want to.

That is what it pretty much comes down to … deciding what I want to do and doing it.  I’m telling you the older I get, the more this has become a theme for me. 

I do what I want.

My kids are grown.  My bills are paid and as long as I’m not hurting anyone … I will continue to do what I want.  There is something so freeing about knowing that you can do whatever you want.  No limitations.  No excuses.


I can hop on a plane and spend a week in Hawaii all by myself.

I can quit my good Corporate job and open a business.


I can compete in a Figure Competition as a 50-year old and win the damned thing.



At the end of my life, I will not look back with regrets.  I will not wish there was something I would have done.  Because as long as God allows me to exist in this life, I will continue to do what I want.