Monday, March 2, 2015

Doing it Daily

 Last week I had the opportunity to attend a Personal Trainer’s Conference.  It was three days of lectures, workshops, workouts and networking and the experience inspired and motivated me so much and reminded me of why I transitioned into this business. 

There’s something about being surrounded by people who do what you do that really opens your eyes and gives clarity.  I had many revelatory moments but the one that stands out the most is the fact that how I spend my days will determine my level of success.  I am building a business and the things that I do every single day will get me to the goal that I have set for myself.

You’d think I would have already known that, huh?

It’s what I try to get across to my clients every day.  “Going to the gym once will not impact your level of fitness.”   “Eating properly one day of the week will not help you lose weight.”  I say this all the time.  I know this stuff but when it came to my business I seemed to have fallen short. 

Being an entrepreneur is a lot different than working for someone else.  I only report to me.  I set my own schedule.  I decide when I’m going to work and when I’m going to chill.  That has its benefits but it also has its drawbacks.  While I can watch a Law and Order marathon all day if I want, that is not helping my business.  I have to designate certain hours as “working hours” and whether I’m actively training a client, responding to emails, designing workout or meal plans, or reading fitness journals … that time has got to be used to further my business.

I came home from that conference on fire.  I have to be careful about that too – after all, fires only burn hot for a short period of time and I have to keep this fire going.  I must purposefully work my business every day in order to enjoy success.

God told Joshua this: 

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.

The message was clear – don’t allow yourself to be distracted and what you do on the daily is what will determine success.

My to-do list is longer and that’s a good thing.  There is always something to be done.



No comments: