Monday, March 30, 2015

The Week That Changed the World Forever

Resurrection Sunday (aka  Easter) is quickly approaching.  Over the weekend my pastor referred to this week as the week that will change your life. 



I’ve been thinking about that ever since he said it.  What Jesus did over 2,000 years ago during that week definitely changed our lives forever.  I believe that today in 2015, as we remember what He did, you can make a decision this week that will also change your life forever.

The changes that we make in our lives begin with a simple thought.  That thought puts into motion a series of actions that can change the course of your life.  I’m not going to get any deeper than that … it’s just … if there is something that you have been putting off, take this week to seek God … fast … pray and make some decisions that will change your life.

On this week, I decided to take a break from the gym.  I’m not lifting any weights at all but I’m still doing some morning cardio at the home studio.  I decided to do this because I really need to give my body a break but I also wanted to use this time to spend in God’s presence.  I’m reading and meditating on the events of Passion Week in each of the gospels and just praying each morning.  This is a sacred time.

On Thursday we’re having a 6:30 am service where we will take communion.  On Good Friday we’ll have an evening service and then on either Saturday night or Sunday morning we’ll celebrate the Resurrection.  I’m looking forward to the events of this week. 

2015, for me, is truly a faith walk.  I left my corporate job and stepped out on faith and God has been so faithful.  The more steps I take the more faithful He is.  I’m excited to see what is going to happen next.  It’s scary sometimes – I’m not going to lie.  Every once in a while I get a flash of “what if it doesn’t work?” But I refuse to linger in that place.  I immediately assure myself that God is faithful.  He answers prayer and I know that only good things are coming.  He’s not going to leave me.


I truly believe that this week will change my life.

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

Amen. I never thought of it that way. Good post.