Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Importance of Momentum

Momentum is defined as:

    1.       Force or speed of movement; the product of a body’s mass and its velocity
    2.       The impetus of a body resulting from its motion
    3.       Driving power or strength.  Figuratively, momentum can refer to the tendency of a person or group to repeat recent success

Why am I talking about momentum?

Because momentum is one of the most overlooked keys to your success.

Last year, I took a trip to Honolulu for a personal and professional development retreat.  I spent 6 amazing days with a group of women that not only encouraged me but also validated me.  They let me know that my ideas were not out in left field and whatever I wanted to accomplish I could if I put in the work and simply believed.

After that trip I had momentum.  I left Hawaii with a plan and I put it into place and things started happening.  I continued with the plan and more things started happening.  I was in business!  From that day to this day I have not been without an uninterrupted flow of clients. 

But now I feel I need to take things to the next level.  2015 is quickly coming to an end and I really need to kick things up a notch.  I realize now that I have begun to lose momentum.  I am a thinker and a planner – which is great—but thinking and planning will not build momentum.  Momentum requires movement.   Then you consistently build on that movement until it becomes a habit. 

Today I created another vision board.  Many people do not realize the power that vision boards have.  This will be my third one and as I look back on previous boards, I see the things that I have already accomplished and it is encouraging.  Here’s my new board:






Visualizing how I want my life to look is a powerful motivator to get me there.  It also requires action, or movement on my part.  That’s where I’m at now…the action part.  I feel myself gaining momentum and that is a feeling that I haven’t felt this strongly since I returned from Hawaii. 

It feels good.





No comments: