Monday, May 30, 2016

It Only Took 24 Years

When I first saw the message my jaw dropped and it took a couple of seconds for me to catch my breath.  Leave it to Facebook to give my ex-husband a way to contact me and it only took 24-1/2 years.  This would be husband #1.  The one I married in 1989.  The one I was married to for a total of 5 months – yeah, that one.

The message was brief but effective.  He asked a lot about my (our) son.  He says he’s been looking for us for years.   The message was dated two weeks ago and it got caught in my filtered messages folder.  I never check that folder and it just so happens that when I randomly looked at it today – my son was home for the weekend.

I did not think twice about sharing the message with my son.  After all, he’s soon to be 26 years old.  If he was under 18 I might have thought twice.  After he read the message I asked him what he wanted me to do.  

“Respond to his questions and give him a link to my FB page.”  “You sure?”  “Yes.”

So I did.


Now we wait …

No comments: