Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Original Four


We celebrated the Princess’ graduation from college yesterday.  Where in the world does the time go?  Wasn't it just yesterday that I dropped her off on campus?  And yet, here we are.  She already has a full-time teaching job and she is graduating with no debt to speak of.  She is blessed.  We all are. 

When we took the above picture, my ex-husband said that we were the original four.  He was sipping on Hennessey and feeling good and he allowed a few other things to come out of his mouth … it was a day of celebration so I let them all slide.  But “the original four” struck me.  We used to spend a lot of time together as a family, now not so much – I guess I should say not at all.  The babies are grown and are becoming the people that they are meant to be. 

I loved the time we spent together yesterday.  It was peaceful.  It was almost as if there was a collective sigh of relief.  What a beautiful way to end the year.  It has been a year filled with uncertainties but one thing is for certain:  we are a family and we always will be.

No comments: