Thursday, April 27, 2017

Love ...

How many times have you been in love?  

How do you even define it?  

I’ve come to the end of another relationship and I swear I get smarter each time one of these things ends.  I’m not sad or angry.  I have no regrets.  I loved him, still love him and I believe he loved me.  Maybe he still does.  

It just didn’t work out.  

At the end of the day we were not suited for each other in the long run.  What’s the lesson here?  Love does not conquer all and if you want to survive your next breakup you ought to grab hold of this reality.  However, just because the relationship did not work doesn’t mean that the love wasn’t there and real.  

There is a difference between “love” and “in love”.  If I have ever said “I love you” to someone, I can honestly say that I still love that person and probably always will.  To be clear, I am no longer “in love” …meaning I ain’t trying to get with you but I still love you because I believe that just because the relationship is over, the love doesn’t disappear.  It still exists.  

I care if you live or die.  I may not shed a tear if the latter occurs but don’t take that personally – it takes a lot to get me to cry.


1 comment:

Newy said...

That's how I feel about my ex-husband...Stay away from me.