Friday, November 10, 2017

Back At It ...





While searching for a photo for this post I came across this one and it made me smile.  Shout out to Snoop.

I finally made it back to the gym after I don’t know how long.  No excuses - I just haven’t been motivated to leave my bed at 4:30am. However, lately I’ve been feeling guilty and I’m just sick of myself.   So I got up on Wednesday morning, after laying out my gym clothes the night before, and took my butt to the gym.

 
 
 
I’ve discovered that all the motivational clichés that I use on my clients just weren’t working for me.  The only one that worked was:


Anyway, I trained legs and here’s a summary of my actual workout:

  • 7 minutes on the stairmaster
  • Superset:  weighted walking lunges (3 sets of 20) with curtsy lunges (20 each side)
  • Superset: back squats (4 sets of 8, 135lbs) with air squats (4 sets of 15) with a resistance band
  • Superset:  stiff legged deadlifts (3 sets of 10) with step ups (3 sets of 10 on each leg)
  • Abductor: 3 sets of 21

My workouts are changing because I’m no longer training for the stage.  Just for life.  I don’t want my quads to get any bigger (because finding pants that fit these legs is too challenging) but I want to keep my glutes firm and if they get bigger in the process that is okay with me.
 

I’m going to get my new running shoes this weekend and I plan to have my first training run on Saturday.  This is a test to see if I'm really serious about running in the cold in preparation for this half marathon.  It's supposed to be in the 40s on Saturday.  We'll see.

No comments: