Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Very Good Year


Thanksgiving is next week.  Geez.  My favorite holiday which means that the rest of the year is going to be a blur.  I no longer say, “Can you believe how fast the year has gone by?” because yeah, I can believe it.  As we get older time seems to get shorter.  Not sure why, but it does.  Anyway, I’m planning my Thanksgiving menu and as usual I cannot wait for all of us to be together on this day.  

2017 has been a pretty good year.  A very good year in fact.  Here are some of the highlights:

January -   I accepted the fact that full-time fitness jobs were not going to pay my mortgage or allow me to vacation to exotic places so I started interviewing for corporate gigs.

February -   I got a job in corporate America and learned to juggle 1 full-time job, 2 part-time jobs, a health coaching business and a reluctant boyfriend.

March – Settling in to all that I had going on at the time.  I did pick up a volunteer opportunity to teach an exercise class and I also started doing consulting work.

April – I interviewed for a different corporate job and was offered the position (the one I currently hold).  I gave up my job at the YMCA.  I also gave up on the guy that I had been dating since October.

May – I started my new job with 2 weeks in Connecticut and spent time with family and friends while there.  I met a few men online but nothing stuck. 

June – Met #newbae on line

July – Went on a first date with #newbae.  Purchased a new gym membership.

August – Went on vacation with the Princess to Myrtle Beach and the best time ever!  Marked the year anniversary of re-entering the world of dating. Happy I did that.

September – Started the process for my bathroom renovation.  Accompanied #newbae to his outpatient surgery.

October – Birthday month.  Started writing more consistently.  Worked my way through the Total Wine Top 20 list and discovered some amazing wines.

Present  - Bathroom renovation is complete.  Me and #newbae are still together.   Work is good.  Kids are good.  Life is ... good.
It’s been an eventful year and it’s not over yet.  I expect 2018 to be even more so.  I will be running my first half-marathon – as long as I don’t chicken out and quit again. I’ll be renewing my Fitness Trainer Certification.  I need the certification for my PT job but I haven’t decided how active I will be as a trainer on my own.  We’ll see.  I still have the feeling that God wants me to be doing something but I still haven’t been able to determine exactly what that is. 

Okay, back to menu planning.

No comments: