Friday, November 17, 2017

Let's Wrap it Up


It’s finally Friday and I’m finishing the week strong. 

I worked out every day this week either in the gym or running outside in preparation for the half marathon in March.  I still have to register for the race by the end of the month which will (hopefully) cement my commitment to do this.

I have finalized the menu for Thanksgiving and I’ve made the grocery list.  I’ll probably start the shopping for the turkey, dry goods and dairy products this weekend.  I’ll wait until closer to Thursday to get the produce and the seafood.  I’m expecting between 7-10 people

It’s almost time to move into my new office space.  I’ve worked for this company since mid-May and this final move will be the fourth time I’ve moved.  It’s been a long time coming.  I’ve been given the responsibility of outfitting the gym in our office.  I collaborated with some of my co-workers to choose the perfect equipment for an office gym.  My co-workers will definitely be using the gym more than I will but it’s nice to know that there is a backup available.

My office Christmas party is going to take place up north at the corporate office.  This is my first year and apparently, they fly everyone up to CT for 3 days of training and the party.  I’m also told that bonuses will be distributed at that time.  So, there’s that.  The highlight for me is that I have family members there that I can spend some time with.

I had a doctor’s appointment this week and everything appears to be in working order.  My annual mammogram is scheduled for next month and I need to schedule a colonoscopy. Ugh.  I also picked up my new glasses from the ophthalmologist.  I may as well be blind.  Just kidding.

My heart breaks every time I see yet another woman coming forward with allegations of sexual misconduct/harassment/assault.  Our society is so messed up.  Why are women so systematically disrespected and abused?  Men suck.  Just kidding.  No, I’m not.  I need to stay off the internet today because it’s depressing the hell outta me.

On a lighter note, I watched the season finale of Queen Sugar yesterday.  I can’t say enough about this show and how refreshing it is to see Black people portrayed as real people, with real feelings and real issues.

Alright, that’s it for me.  Hope you all have a good weekend. 

 

 

No comments: