Sunday, March 25, 2018

10 Miles


Three weeks until the race.  My first half marathon and I'm feeling good about it.  Each weekend when I have another long run to face I question myself.  I ask myself if I can really do this.  I ask myself if I really want to do this.  A few years back when I first attempted this, the answer to that question was "no".  I didn't want to run long distances in the cold.  So I quit.  This time it's different.  I've been training all winter and now the race is just a mere three weeks away and I'm ready.  I felt really good after yesterday's long run of 10 miles.  I mapped it out perfectly and it all came together.  I changed my strategy this time.  I started out slow and I kept the same pace throughout up until the final mile when I sped up a bit.  My goal was to finish in less than 2 hours and I did with 5 minutes to spare. I didn't stop and I didn't walk.  Later that night I had a hard time walking up and down the stairs but this morning I was fine.











No comments: