Wednesday, April 4, 2018

11 Miles


10 days until 13.1

I’m ready although I couldn’t prove it by last weekend’s long run.  I am learning so much through this process.  Mainly, that each run will be different, and I can’t predict the success of a future run by my performance in a past run.  For example, my 10-mile long run was spectacular.  My pace was steady, no walking, no stopping and finished in less than 2 hours.  I went into my 11-mile long run feeling very confident only to hit a wall at 9 miles and ended up having to walk the final 2 miles.  What in the world?



 
This weekend I have 12 miles and then it’s RACE DAY!  I’ve checked the extended forecast and the weather should be really nice for the race.  Fingers crossed.  I’m not sure if I’ll continue doing half marathons or bring it back down to 8Ks (5 miles).  I can knock out an 8K with no training and I can still get a medal.  I’ve already registered for this race which will take place mid-May:

 

I’ve run this race twice before when 5 miles was a challenge.  Looking forward to running it again.  But until then, I must conquer the 13.1.

 

No comments: