Friday, May 11, 2018

Thoughts on a Friday


It’s the end of another week and I’ve got some stuff on my mind:
 
·         Mother’s Day is this weekend.  I sent my Mom a gift, but I will probably lay low over the weekend.  My sister is taking her to a concert, so she’s covered.
 
     ·         My son and girlfriend sent me a card with a sonogram picture – baby due in December!

·         I want to grow my hair out but consistently doing protective styles is a challenge because I’m easily distracted by new products, styles, etc.  I need to focus.

·         I’m searching for more races to do this year – I have an 8k and 5k tomorrow.  I want to build up my medal collection.

·         I think I need to lose about 5lbs.  At the beginning of the month I cut out bread, cheese and peanut butter and I’m only drinking wine on the weekend.  I’m eating less meat and more fish and I’m incorporating green smoothies to my breakfast rotation

·         It seems like all my clothes are binding.  Everything feels tight.  I could just by bigger clothes, but I don’t want to fall into that trap.  I think it would be easier to lose the 5lbs.

·         Work is getting busy.  We’re in proposal season.  I’m celebrating my 1-year anniversary at this job.  I suppose I’ll stay.

·         I liked the “This is America” video but I wish people would stop using terms like “amazing” and “genius”.  It was entertaining.

·         Seeing all the reports about white people calling police on Black people all will-nilly is getting on my nerves.  Can’t we just live?  Damn.

·         The Met Gala for what?

·         Kanye for what?

·         I’ve got a really special man in my life

·         I now have three fitness certifications

·         I wish people would stop telling me “I need a trainer” and then never follow up.  Actions speak way louder than words, people.  I’m not going to chase you down and force you to get fit … it has to come from YOU.

·         I’m still working part time at the fitness center and my son cannot understand why I do it.  It’s certainly not for financial reasons but I must have at least one job that I like.  I need my full-time gig.  I enjoy my part-time gig.

·         As predicted, we have bypassed Spring and have entered full on Summer.  No complaints. I love Summer.

·         I’m going to Cali for my birthday.  Alone.

·         I am in a good place in my life and I anticipate only good things in the future

 

Have a great weekend.

 

No comments: