Tuesday, July 3, 2018

July 3rd


Whenever I begin to feel some kinda way about how things are going in my life I look back and reflect on how things have changed from how they used to be.  It really does amaze me how drastically things can change over time.  It’s a great reminder that “trouble don’t last always”.  Which is why one of my favorite scriptures is and will always be Romans 8:18 – The sufferings of this present time cannot be compared to the future glory that will be revealed in us.

 July 3, 1993 – 25 years ago I married my second husband and 8 years later we were divorced.

July 3, 2003 – 15 years ago I started a long-term relationship with the musician and that lasted almost 7 years.  Probably 5 years longer than it should have. 

July 3, 2010 – 8 years ago I spent a long holiday weekend alone at a beautiful spa and celebrated “my independence” day.

July 3, 2013 – 5 years ago I just completed my first figure competition and was in the best physical shape of my life and I discovered my passion for fitness.

July 3, 2017 – Last year I met and went on a first date with a kind, thoughtful, beautiful man and began a relationship that has allowed me to get out of my own way and allow love to happen.

July 3, 2018 – Today I am enjoying a good job, a great relationship and by the end of the year I’ll be welcoming my first grandchild into the world.

Things continue to change and for better or worse there are always lessons.  The last 25 years have not all been wine and roses – although there has been plenty of wine – and I’m still here.  I am excited about the next 25.  I have absolutely no idea what the future holds but what I do know is that I am here for every single minute of it.

 

 

No comments: