Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Day 109

109 days.

3 months and 17 days.

It's almost the end of October.  My birthday month.  My vacation was amazing.  I went to Park City, Utah, which apparently is famous for great skiing.  I had no idea.  I just wanted to travel someplace that I had never been.  

The resort that I stayed in was beautiful and it even snowed while I was there.  It's weird how much I hate the snow while I'm here at home, but while on vacation -- it was just lovely.  I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a two bathrooms and a full kitchen.  There were no restaurants on the property and since I'm a morning person I was excited to explore the city and find a new local place to have breakfast each day where I was served great food and coffee.  I booked a massage and a facial at a local spa.  And I found time to put my hiking boots to good use.  

I love getting away and even though air travel is stressful to me because it can be so unpredictable, I didn't even mind that.  However, since I now that it can be stressful I did everything I could to make it less so -- like splurging and flying first class.  Totally worth it and I may never fly coach again.

This was my first alcohol-free birthday in forever.  I'm getting to the point where not drinking is not something I even think about.  I just don't do it.   I may stop counting the days once I get to a year.  

The holidays are approaching and for some people it may be an issue but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.  I have already decided that if my company has a holiday party this year, I'm not attending.  After all, COVID is still in these streets -- we're wearing masks in the office so it doesn't make sense to be at a holiday party.  Not to mention the fact that I hate holiday parties -- so there's that.  I'll have Thanksgiving with my family and no one really drinks in my family so there's no pressure there either.  

It will probably be more challenging to get through my seasonal depression than to remain alcohol free.  The days are shorter and I can feel a slight change in my mood already.  Last year, I gained 15+ pounds during this time and I am determined not to do that again.  I'm paying close attention to how I'm eating and I'm keeping up with my workouts.  I'm meditating more and I'm being intentional about staying in a positive headspace.

Fingers crossed.

109 days, Baby!


No comments: