Friday, April 1, 2022

Day 265

 

Two hundred sixty-five days.  I’m 100 days away from an entire year of alcohol freedom.  I do not recall when I took my first drink, but I remember clearly when I took my last one.  It was July 9th, 2021, and I drank a bottle of prosecco in my living room.  That was the day that I said goodbye to alcohol for good.  I wasn’t sure at the time if it would be forever or not but I’m sure now.  It will be forever.  It’s still one day at a time and I’m not immune to a “slip” but the thought of starting at Day 1 again depresses me.  I hear stories of people who relapse, and I just don’t want to.  No judgement, of course – I know life happens and we have to give ourselves and others grace when it does. 

Today though … today I am 100 days away from a full year without drinking.  I’m really happy and proud of myself for taking this on.  It’s April 1st and it is finally getting warmer.  I’m hoping to clean up my lawn this weekend and set up my patio furniture in preparation for longer days out there reading books and eating meals. 

Currently reading:

Just After Sunset, by Stephen King

Interpreter of Maladies, by Jhumpa Lahiri

Midnight and Indigo, edited by Ianna A. Small

On Writing, by Stephen King

Lesson learned after 265 days of alcohol freedom:  Move in silence and let your results speak for themselves.

Day 265

No comments: