Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. My Daddy is doing better but we still don't know what the hell is going on. They have ruled out the horrible alternatives and we are left with the treatable ones.

That's good news.

Over the years I've receieved quite a few phone calls like the one I got from my mom yesterday. Eveything always works out. But this time ... there was something in her voice that made this time different. I couldn't stop crying. I had to keep moving otherwise I would collapse into a pile of tears. I didn't want to leave my office and come home tonight until I heard something because at least at work I can stay busy ... but here at home ... I'm left with my thoughts. I finally got an encouraging call from my brother at around 6:00 p.m. and I was able to come home. I think I may go home this weekend if he's not released.

3 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

...prayer hasn't stopped.
Glad he is doing better and that the "serious" stuff has been weighed out.

I know I should know this...where is "home"?

chele said...

@ BBB - Thanks so much. Home is New London, CT

lyre said...

My prayers are with you.