Thursday, August 14, 2008

Funnies

Weird things make me laugh. I don't mean smile, or giggle ... I mean out-loud laughing. When my kids were little they would tell me jokes. Most of them were corny as hell but I would smile and make them feel good. But I remember one joke in particular that one of them told me that still makes me laugh to this day:

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Interrupting cow
Interrup ...
MOO!!!

That still cracks me up.

Then there's the commercial that shows a man in a job interview and he has a stain on his shirt. The stain talks over him every time he answers the interviewer's questions. That commercial has me on the floor in tears. So now just to irritate my kid, whenever he talks I talk over him just like the stain ... in tears I tell you, in tears.

Today I went into Subway for lunch and I was probably the sixth person in line. The guy right in front of me was clearly agitated and in a hurry. He was bouncing from one foot to the other and at one point I thought he had to use the restroom. He was a young guy, probably in his thirties, dressed in the business casual uniform and clean cut. He could not keep still, he keeps looking at the front of the line then at the back of the line. I'm finding him very amusing. Then the woman in front of him starts to order and she has a list. She also has one of those whiny voices and she drags out one syllable words so they sound like they have two syllables. It's hard to be behind people at Subway who don't know the menu. They take a really a long time but I didn't notice the time because I'm watching Mr. Impatient get more and more frustrated. When it was finally his turn why did this fool hold up a Subway scrabble card and ask for an oatmeal cookie? An oatmeal cookie. I fell out. Then ... the lady told him he had to get his cookie from the cashier and he said, "I have to wait?" Then I stopped laughing and I looked at him sideways. What makes this self-important prick think he shouldn't have to wait in line with the rest of us? All I know is that he must have really wanted that oatmeal cookie to wait in line at Subway during lunch.

I laughed my ass off this morning in the conference room when one of my co-workers made a (Freudian) slip and called our COO Grief instead of his name, which is quite close to that.

I love to laugh. When I woke up this morning all I could think about was crawling back under the covers and hiding. I just wasn't feeling it. But I pressed on and I'm glad I did because a few good belly laughs and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms made everything all right.

I saw a woman in the bar tonight and her name was Debbie. She may have been in her late thirties but she looked like she was in her early fifties. She had a bad dye job, little shorts and a tube top that barely covered her tig-o-bitties. When I first saw her I was like, "Damn." But after I watched her for a while I stopped judging her and realized that she really appeared to be happy. She had a bunch of tattoos and she was explaining to various patrons what each of them meant. Yeah, she had had a few but she wasn't drunk. She was a litle tipsy. Whatever, I ain't mad at you, Debbie ... do you. Hell, I'm sure people wonder about me being in my forties, singing classic rock tunes in a sports bar on a Thursday night. **shrugs** I have to do me.

And I sincerely hope that you are out there doing YOU.

3 comments:

nikki said...

i am SOOOOOO doing me and LOVING IT!

LMAO@the cow joke and the stain commercial. both of those crack me up, too.

thanks for this entry. this morning started off a bit rough but now i've got a smile on my face. :)

Blu Jewel said...

I love that stain commercial too.

i know i'm late, but this post was good for me this afternoon to just add a little bright spot in my day.

i'm all for people doing them and you know what? i'm damn sure gonna make sure i do me.

love!

Believer said...

All that stress for a free oatmeal cookie?! Too funny!

Keep doin' you.