Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Checked and I'm a Girl

Because I was bored I decided to get my personal DNA report (look to the right).

Okay, I agreed with most of the descriptions of myself. The official ruling is that I am a "respectful architect". Okay. Nothing earth shattering ... until I scrolled down further and saw that I display an unusually high amount of masculine characteristics.

Masculine. Not characteristics like scratching and farting but more like being logical, analytical, practical and staying out of other people's business.

That didn't surprise me as much as the unusually low degree of feminine characteristics.

So, I had to stop and think about that. Okay, I prefer comfort to fashion, I'd rather ditch the flowers and candy and get right to the good stuff, I'm not very social and I prefer not to be surrounded by a bunch of cackling hens (no offense to all you hens), and I absolutely despise the telephone.

So does that make me a dude?

My best friend, who is a dude told me that the reason we are best friends is because of my masculine personality (read: drama free). But I have cute shoes and I know the value of having a really good bra and I'm a good cook, and I'm successfully raising two children. I also saw Sex and the City on opening weekend ... of course it was on Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. but still. I faithfully go to the salon every six weeks for a facial. So, that makes me a chick, right?

Wait a minute ... do chicks use the word chick?

7 comments:

LadyLee said...

You're such a dude, Chele. LOL!!

You described my personality to a tee. I MUST be a dude, too.

But I think your friend said the key word here: "drama-free". I was thinking that when you mentioned the "cackling hens."

So if that makes me a dude, oh well!

You just be sure to be who you are. YOU do YOU, girl.

Blah Blah Blah said...

Zed sent me this last year...and I am more masculine it seems too.
ME!!! With the shoes and the highlights in my hair, and the mani and pedi's every week. The chinese secret handshake, the massage oils and champagne, and the sundresses and make-up...

Wack.

nikki said...

i say 'chick' all the time.

see, this test is negated if blah is more masculine. she's the most feminine minded girl i know.

who determines what are masculine and feminine characteristics anyway?

lyre said...

TOM BOY!

princessdominique said...

The way I can take or leave you, ex you off my list when you offend me and my semi-anti social persona, we could be sisters. I always thought I should have been a dude too (no offense to you dudes). I've also had people tell me that I respond more like a guy so I try to flash my girliness by wearing high heels. And uh, I use the word chick :)

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I'm an Animated Analyst.

I guess that's a nice way of saying I confuse people and I'm part gerbil.

Luke Cage said...

Hiya Chele. How about a pound, and that lean in thing we brothers do.. Oops, I mean.. ya know.. brotha to sista. (smile)