Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pushing

Good morning!

So, I'm on the treadmill yesterday and I'm working my program. Starting out on 3 ... moving up to 3.5 ... then to 4 ... I'm getting tired and I feel like my legs are going to give out. This isn't the first time I've done this since I told you all about it but for some reason, yesterday it was kicking my butt. I had my music on and I can't remember what I was listening to but I kept telling myself to push my way through it. Seven minutes on 4 is not that long ... you can do it ... push your way through. And I did. The whole workout is 40 minutes long so I had another round at 4 but I just kept telling myself to push my way through and I did.

I like that. Pushing my way through. I found myself repeating those same sentiments throughout the evening whenever negative thoughts would creep into my head. Just push your way through. I'm going through a little something right now and sometimes my mind wanders into dark places. Just push your way through. It's like being in a wind storm ... you can either go limp and allow the wind to toss you all over the place or you can stay strong and push your way through. Did you see the movie Unfaithful? Remember the scene in the beginning when she was caught in that wind storm? She didn't push her way through and you see what happened to her. Just push your way through!

Coincidentally, the 4 phase of the workout is called the "push" phase. I don't remember when or why I put the P.U.S.H. banner on the blog but it seems to be a reoccuring theme lately. I love that.

So for today, when you find yourself in a difficult situation just remember to push your way through.

9 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

I love it! You're on a roll Chele and I'm so happy for your renewed outlook.

My word for the week is REDEEMED!

Love to live; live to love.

LadyLee said...

Good slogan! Keep 'em coming!

CareyCarey said...

Good theme ...don't look back ...there's nothing back there ...push through ...I like that!

Hawa Bond said...

Hey Chele!

I've been in and out (traveling) and I'm finally home to catch-up on my reading.

I like Push. I may need to borrow that. Why? Because I'm too tired or too lazy to find my own word (hehe) and right now the thought of "pushing and shoving" my way through seems appropriate for what's ahead.

Keep truckin' girl!

====@====
Hawa, author of Fackin Truth Blog and Cleanse Master Remix

TJ said...

Those are really great words to have when facing obstacles.

Rose said...

I need to adopt the push theme and lift your banter. It takes strong will and a huge push to do so much, but with every push things get easier.

SB said...

I've been a work out junkie for the last 10 years..I used to figure skate so I know what it's like to push..even with huge black bruises all over your butt. Sometimes I get into ruts and I don't feel like working out, but I always feel better when I do. So keep pushing girl!

Danielle(singlebetty.blogspot.com)

Blah Blah Blah said...

My word fo rthe moment...
Is please don't let me black out.

I know...it's actually a few words...lol

I love reading you...you make me want to be more than what I am right now...now just need to find a way to bottle your optimism.

Believer said...

I hear you! Push your way to better thinking. Everyone struggles with the same. Take note, if you're pushing, you're on the winning side!