Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back in the Swing

Last week I had to attend a week long training for my job. I do not like to travel and training for a job that I've been doing for twelve years just seems well ... (fill in the blank)



I brought the Princess with me since she was on Spring Break and she can't be left unsupervised. She had her lips poked out for a minute but she got over it. During the first day of training she sent me a text which said, "When you're done can we get our nails done? There's a salon right downstairs." What could I say? So after dinner she got her nails done:



Kinda cute I think. I never let her get nails before because she bites her nails and she sucks her thumb. Oh well, maybe (just maybe) she's growing up a little.

I left the training early on Friday because we had to check out of the hotel by 1:00 -- what was I supposed to do with my kid for three more hours? Besides, who makes you sit in a classroom until 4:00 on a beautiful Friday afternoon? Not to mention DC traffic. As my friend Bloopty would say: That is wack! So we bounced. We got home before the sun went down and I had enough time to tell (show) my guy how much I missed him before he had to go to work. On Saturday we decided to spend some time at the beach. It was just too beautiful not to. My most favorite thing in the world is waking up and seeing the ocean so that is what we did. It was just lovely.

It feels good to be back in the swing.

4 comments:

CareyCarey said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought of LTD's "Back In Love Again" ...there's no place like home!

Nails-college-boyfriends-marriage-babies?

Nails-college-boyfriend-baby?

Nails-Babies? *smile*

Nails-?

Bballmom said...

They look nice. I bet she keeps them that way and will want them re-done every two weeks.

TJ said...

Cute nails. The ocean thing sounds really nice.

Blah Blah Blah said...

Pretty hands.

Traffic on a beautiful day IS wack.
This weekend is suppose to be even prettier...would be nice to be by some water.