Friday, May 29, 2009

Finally Friday!

I wonder why short weeks seem to drag on the longest.

It is finally Friday and I'm so happy to start my weekend. I don't have much planned, you know, the usual stuff: working out, groceries, taking the Princess to the salon, etc. Additionally, she and I are going shopping tonight to beef up the summer wardrobe. I thought we were just getting bathing suits but when I took her to school this morning she said, "So do you need shorts and stuff, too?" See what she did? She didn't ask me to get her shorts and stuff but she knows if I get something for myself than she will automatically get something too. I need a pair of flat sandals and a new pair of sunglasses. I'm also going to get my camera tonight. Who knows? There may be room for shorts and stuff.

She's funny and even though she drives me absolutely crazy I love the time that we have together. I don't remember shopping trips with my own mother. I think the only time we went shopping was for Easter and for new school clothes and I don't remember being allowed to pick out my own stuff. The rest of the year mom would bring home hefty bags of hand-me-downs. While growing up I never felt like we were broke but I think we kinda were. Whatever ... I had a roof over my head and a hot meal everyday. My kids are not spoiled but they definitely have more than I did when I was their age(s). But because of the way I was brought up I don't feel bad about saying no when I have to. Does that make sense?

I don't know how in the heck I got off on that subject.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Hey -- wish me luck on figuring out how to use the camera.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yes I do understand what u r saying!