Monday, June 1, 2009

The Wrap Up

I have a headache.

And I never get headaches.

The shopping excursion with the Princess was an amazing success. I got everything that I set out to get, including a pair of jeans for the Prince and a pair of shorts for the man that would be King (do you like that?) I was able to find two bathing suits for myself: one monokini which I’ll wear if I’m feeling skittish about the tummy and one black bikini for when I’m not.

It’s funny, some days I look at myself and I smile at the progress, then on other days I’m disappointed because it’s not exactly perfect. The man that would be King says I look great and that is why I keep him around. I also picked up a pair of flat sandals and a new pair of sunglasses. And I also managed to buy my very first digital camera!!!! And it was on sale!!!! It’s a Polaroid with 10 megapixels, it takes video and the screen on this thing is huge. I’m so proud of myself I can’t stand it. I have finally entered the 21st century. Now, the Prince is bugging me to buy an HD television. Whatever.

After the shopping trip I took the Princess to dinner so she could get her snow crab legs. I had coconut shrimp that weren’t anything to write home about. All in all it was a great evening.

I got up and worked out early on Saturday morning: arms, abs and cardio. Back to the gym this evening for legs, abs and cardio and I’ll probably throw some squats in for good measure. Did I ever mention that my older brother used to participate in body building competitions? The last time he competed was probably 10 years ago but he still works out faithfully. I’d post pics of him but I feel weird posting half-nekkid pics of my brother. He’s one of those muscle heads that you see walking around the gym like their sh*t don’t stink. I’m intimidated by the muscle heads but if my brother lived closer I would definitely make him work out with me. Saturday was a pretty quiet day once I got the grocery shopping done and took the Princess to the salon. She went to see Kei.sha Co.le on Saturday night and I went to my favorite coffee shop to hear some live music.

After church on Sunday we had a pretty big lunch and just relaxed for the rest of the day. To counteract the lunch I pan-seared some salmon and steamed some veggies for dinner.

What a great weekend. I love when my plans come together. I still have some more vacation planning to do … hopefully everything will fall into place.

Question of the day: Should I get another tattoo? Here’s my current one:



10 comments:

LB said...

My answer is GO FOR IT!

I want another one (fleur de lis)...I just can't justify spending money on that while I'm unemployed.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. The suit is cute!

Remnants of U said...

Glad to hear the weekend & shopping was successful! And that you are doing so well working out. I am still on the verge of a plan. Also, I am a fraidy cat about getting a tattoo. But my son has two, and I always admire nice ones. Cupid is cute, so do it. :-)

ShellyShell said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!
I have two tats and want another one so I say do it! LOL!

Bunny Brown said...

Go for the second tat. I'm on the verge of getting another one once treatment is over. You know that survivor thing has to stay in my head!!! Start snapping some pics and post em asap lol!!!!

Oh yeah that suit is hawt!

CareyCarey said...

I would give you a compliment but I wrote a post (today) on how some compliments are viewed by women as something other than what they were intented to be. having said that, your tat looks nice. A bunch of tats DO NOT!

You're right, it's not cool to post naked pictures of your brother *lol*

TJ said...

Cute suit. Congrats on your camera score! Cute cupid.

Serenity3-0 said...

I like that swim suit. I personally don't have any tattoos, so I vote no. But hey, do what you like.

Blu Jewel said...

Love that bathing suit. Aeropostale has one similar to it that I'm going to cop. Your weekend sounds great and it's always good to hear about good interative experiences between parent(s) and child(ren). As for the tat...go for it...I've got 8 and am more than ready for another 3.

love to live; live to love!

Blah Blah Blah said...

As long as there is an empty space on your body...you should get a tat.

I bought a bikini the other day...went out to the community pool and had no shame showing my ripples and rolls. Sorta.

Rose said...

Not into tattoos, but at least you had a beautiful time with your daughter,