Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Island

My ex-husband's car is sitting in my driveway. **sigh**

Why isn't there an island where all the ex-husbands can go and we never have to see or hear from them again? Seriously. I don't hate him and I don't wish him any ill will, but when I walked away eight years ago I really just wanted for him not to exist anymore.

I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, my guy believes that he is just using me for free storage while he's out of the country for a year. And that's probably true but when the ex asked my son to take care of his car while he was gone, my son obviously jumped at the chance to do so. He gets to drive around in a (kinda) cool car for a year. I've already explained to him that's he's going to have to pay for gas and oil changes, etc. It's not all going to be fun. He says he gets it. We'll see.

The car can't just sit for a year and neither can my son's, so he'll alternate between the two vehicles. Logistically, this is going to be a big pain in the rear. My street is not that wide and there are already too daggone many cars on the street. I swear, the first time I'm blocked in and can't get out when I need to get out -- I'm going off.

11 comments:

LB said...

Hmmm...I wish all exes could be shipped somewhere. Sure, he's using you for free storage but that's less wear and tear on your son's car, right? I say road trips every weekend, lol. OK, that was just evil.

TJ said...

Can ex boyfriends have an island too? I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

I can see this "car" arrangement being a big inconvenience.

Breathe in...breathe out.

I have to give your ex kudos though for going about getting that free storage like he did.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

deep breaths and good wine will get you thru!

ShellyShell said...

Wine will get you through anything! It will be okay!

Diva (in Demand) said...

A WHOLE YEAR! Damn Chele....bless your heart girl.

Single Ma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Single Ma said...

Let's look at the bright side...he's gone for a year. If you had a choice between the Ex or his car, I'm sure you'd prefer the car 10x out of 10. :-)

LadyLee said...

I'm with LB... this might be a good time for a cross country road trip. In the ex's car!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking along the same lines as LB and Ladylee. Road trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for shipping them off to an island. Along with their new wives.