Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Mornings

The alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. like it always does. I hit snooze twice like I always do. I don't know why morning seems to come sooner than it used to. We had dinner with friends last night and I got home close to 10:00 p.m. My son walked in right after me and he asked if I had a chance to watch Sunday's episode of Family Guy yet. I hadn't. He asked if I would watch it with him and I just couldn't. I needed to go to bed. Now I feel bad that I didn't take the 22 minutes to share a laugh with my son.

Once I dragged myself out of bed at 5:45 I grabbed that hula hoop and began to do my thing. It wasn't too bad and I was even able to keep the thing on my hips. No tricks, ladies. No tricks. I've changed my gym routine to include more strength training. I lift weights for about 30 minutes and then I do cardio for 40 minutes. I'm beginning to see definition in my arms and the jeans that cut off my circulation six months ago, now fit perfectly. I'm happy for the small successess. I have no idea what I weigh because I haven't been on a scale since February 28. It's probably best that way

After my shower I went downstairs and put two eggs on to boil. My kids hate hard boiled eggs cause they say that they smell like farts. Whatever. Anyway, I got dressed, woke up the Princess, finished my hair and makeup while listening to the TJMS. I decided not to pack my gym bag because its date night and I won't have time to get in a workout before we meet for dinner. I think once my daughter gets out of school I'll start going to the gym in the morning before work.

I packed my lunch bag with two bottles of water, yogurt, protein shake, Heal.thy Choice Asain pot stickers, banana, salad and dressing. Does that sound like a lot? Trust me, it's not.

At 7:00 the Princess floated down the stairs and we headed out the door. She's a little peeved at me because I haven't been around to take the phone call from the mother of one of her friends. The girls are planning to go to some concert and the mama wants to touch base with me to give me the details. I told the Princess just to give the lady my cell number ... geez.

I walked into my office at 7:30 and felt like I had already put in a half day of work. My mornings are full. Whether it be with activities or thoughts or plans. Every one of those 120 minutes is filled. That's not a complaint, just an observation. I'm glad I have someplace to go everyday. I'm glad someone is depending on me. I'm glad I have the life that I do.

How was your morning?

7 comments:

CreoleInDC said...

For some reason I woke up at 6:45 this morning. I have a major decision to make about something so I guess that's why I didn't get in my usual sleep time. I got up and hit the gym. Today was abs and I hit it really hard. Then I got home and figured that as long as I'm still procrastinating about what I need to do I might as well make procrastination look good so I changed into something cute and comfortable and now the morning is gone and I feel like ish because I haven't accomplished a dang thing. In fact...I'm TOTALLY unmotivated to do anything. *sigh* I just picked up the computer to schedule some more posts since last night I only scheduled until noon and I realize that I don't even feel like thinking about it so now...I'm just reading Great Blogs.

Boring huh? *sigh* Sorry I didn't have anything FABULOUS to add and your workout routine today was hot.

Bananas said...

My morning seems to be going better than yours so far. But there's still five minutes of it left.

Anything can happen.

TJ said...

The last few days I've been feeling the effects of a lot of added work in the morning, physical and mental. At least it's productive. Though its starting to get tiring. No struggle, no progress :)

LadyLee said...

Yep. You have a busy morning.

Mine aren't that busy. I have a 4 hour arrival window for work, so I usually get in at the latest time, 10 am.

I get up around 6 am, do some reading and praying, I watch TV and clean up, and eat. Then I get ready to go. I am toying with the idea of about 45 minutes on the neighborhood track in the mornings. My vitals are much better when I am on my walking program (this makes my Doc really happy.) We will see.

I'ma leave that hula-hooping to you. I am still waiting for you to swang it on your neck, girl. lol.

Bunny Brown said...

I am so not a morning person and on this particular Tuesday I had to get up early and go pick up my friend from the airport. Man I love my friends but she almost got picked up by the airport shuttle bus cause I swear I didn't feel like rolling out of my bed at all. After grunting a good morning to my mother and eating a slice of bacon and some toast, I showered and got up outta here to go sit in Chicago rush hour traffic.

UGH!!!!!!

Picked her up and dropped her off at her peoples house and then drove over to do some thrift store shopping.

Now that put a smile on my face!!

TJ said...

BTW, congrats on the loose jeans!!

Anonymous said...

My mornings are typically making breakfast, filling the dishwasher from last night's dishes, and then picking up toys.

This morning was different—no toys and no dishes.

It's going to be a good day!