Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Results Are In

It’s the 28th and three full months since I purchased my first gym membership. The goal? Get into a bikini in time for my vacation. Three months later and I have lost 3 pounds, 1.5 inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from my hips and I’ve gained some serious definition in my arms and slight definition in my abs. My calves don’t look too bad either. Additionally, my mental state has improved exponentially.

The Princess and I are going swimsuit shopping this weekend.

I’m excited to see what will happen in the next three months. I joined a new gym which is closer to my house, open 24 hours and less expensive than my former gym. I had my first workout there this morning at 4:45 a.m. I worked my legs and abs and I did thirty minutes of cardio. I like this new place. It's smaller, very clean and it's not crowded. I can get in, do my thing and bounce. I feel great. Supposedly, you burn more calories by working out in the morning. It’s just better for me because I’m a morning person. I sometimes struggle to get through the evening workouts. I’ve also been doing some research on what I should be eating (i.e., caloric intake), and ideally, I should be taking in about 2,000 calories a day. That’s based on my height, weight and fitness goals. Yesterday, I only got to 1,545. This is important because if I'm working out 5 times a week and not taking in enough food, than I won't be able to tone and build muscle. I don't want to get hung up on counting calories I just have to pay closer attention.

I don’t mean for this to turn into a fitness blog but this is what happens when I get excited about something.

3 comments:

ShellyShell said...

This is your blog and you can blog about whatever you feel like!
Congrats on feeling/looking good!

Bunny Brown said...

Holy cow did you say 4:45am???? Dang Chele you workin' it out baby! That's some dedication for dat azz fo' sho'!!! I've gotta get in gear too. Everytime I don't want to work out, I'm seriously going to think about you at the gym (before dawn) and that should give me the push I need to get going!!! Seriously, you're doing-T it!!!

Anonymous said...

Get excited, and while there, you may just motivate the rest of us. ;)