Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I Do Know

Currently, I do not know enough about health, nutrition and fitness to be an expert. I'm not qualified to speak intelligently on the subject.

However, I do know that it has been more than a year since I was able to wear this skirt:



Since the last week of February I have been concentrating on losing inches. I didn't plan on losing them from my booty but I guess you really can't control those things. I'm hoping these kickbacks will get the butt where I want it:




My typical routine is forty minutes of cardio and twenty (or so) minutes with weights and abs. In the last week I have increased the time with weights and moving forward I will concentrate on strength training and slightly reduce the amount of time on the treadmill.

Regarding the diet, I really just pay closer attention to what I eat. I've switched to brown rice and whole grain pasta. I snack on raw veggies instead of chips and cookies. You generally won't see me without a bottle of water close by. I now eat breakfast every single morning. Today I had two hard boiled eggs, yogurt and a glass of juice. Everything else is pretty much the same. I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner on Monday and I had a lobster tail with brown rice and broccoli last night. Tonight I'm having a steak. I'm faithfully taking my iron pills because I have got to get my levels up by my next checkup in October.

I feel so good right now.

Sadly, many of us continually postpone our happiness--indefinitely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great routine, and good lookin’ out for you. For the record, you are one lean sister. Watch out world!

onefromphilly said...

You are doing so well! I'll have to use you as my motivation and inspiration because, for some reason, I have fallen completely off the bandwagon. :-(

Unknown said...

The skirt looks great! Go Chele!

Rose said...

If only I could be that committed. I keep trying and failing.