Monday, June 8, 2009

Smorgasbord

I really need for my son to move his Playstation out of my living room. He plays in these on-line tournaments that last well into the evening which is a pain the neck. Also, if I happen to be in the living room first then I have to deal with the deep sighs and the questions about how much longer I plan to sit in MY living room and watch MY television. Something weird happened to his fancy-shmancy HD television that is in his bedroom and it just stopped working. Same thing happened to my sister’s HD television. My kid is buying himself another one. Good! Get out of my living room!

I had a 25% off coupon for the bookstore so I went and picked up two books recommended by LadyLee. I don’t recall the titles right now but the authors are Pearl Cleage and Nathan McCall. I’ve read their work before so I’m sure I’ll be pleased. I needed some reading material to take with me on vacation and I can’t read one more fitness magazine.

Speaking of fitness, since this blog is rated PG you will never see me in a bathing suit but trust and believe: I look good! I think my attitude has a lot to do with how I view myself these days because the weight loss was not dramatic at all. I’m still going to the gym 5 days a week and I’ve started to incorporate free weights into my strength training routine instead of just using the machines. I’ve decreased my time on the treadmill by 10 minutes and I’m paying attention to what I eat. What does “paying attention to what I eat mean”? It means that I do not diet but I make smarter choices when I’m at the grocery store or in restaurants. I eat whenever I’m hungry but I don’t go to the vending machine. Instead I go to my snack drawer:



What else? Oh yeah, I spent a whole gang of loot on hair care products last week. I’m sick of my hair but instead of chopping it all off, like I usually do, I decided to grow it out. I’m not messing with it as often. No heat except for deep conditioning and ponytails or braidouts will be the styles o’ the day. This makes my life easier especially since I spend so much time at the gym and I sweat out any kind of style that I thought I had.

Lastly, I met some old guy from Greece yesterday and he asked me where I was from. I told him CT. He says, “You have dark skin but you are not Black. What are you?”

WTH?

8 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

You meet the most random people sometimes. LOL

ShellyShell said...

"You have dark skin but you are not black" LOL! WTH? Did you answer him? I probably would have said something smart..depending on my mood!

chele said...

@ Shelly - I said, "I'm Black."

He said, "No."

I said, "Yes, I am."

Then he just stared at me with a perplexed look on his face.

CareyCarey said...

Well, since this is a PG site, you should have simply pulled down your pants and show him your ass. I could on on with this but since this IS a PG site I'll let you finish the rest.

Maybe it was an old Greece pickup line. Maybe he expected you to say "I am yours" *lol*.

I never thought of you as a Nathan McCall fan.

It sounds like that son of yours has it made. He probably knows nothing about a 1 television home. I bet he wears 150 dollar Jordans and Hardy jeans.

chele said...

@ Carey: I loved "Makes Me Wanna Holler" and I'm excited about reading "Them".

I'm not sure what Hardy jeans are and when he was in high school he used to splurge like that on his shoes but not anymore.

TJ said...

That man said you have a REAL deep tan, that's all... LOLOL.

LadyLee said...

Hey girl, get in there and play the video games with the Prince. Whip his tail real good, and he'll stay out of the living room! LOL

And I feel another custom story coming on concerning you and this old Greek man. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Who knows what he meant, but thinking out loud can get you in trouble.