Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Isaiah 54:17

I woke up mad everyday last week. This morning I woke up mad at myself for wasting so much energy. The first thing that came to mind this morning was “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.” No lie. Such a simple message that I sometimes let slip my mind. I’m realizing that if I would keep that verse at the forefront I would be less likely to get my feelings hurt. I know I am human and there’s nothing wrong with feeling hurt sometimes but to allow myself to dwell on it for an entire week is just crazy. As horrible as this sounds, I believe that there are people out there who lay in wait for the perfect opportunity to hurt you (me). That is not paranoia, that is a fact. They are so insecure and miserable in their own lives that they are absolutely incapable of letting you (me) be happy. They are compelled to take you (me) down a notch. I am in a very good place right now and for some reason this good place attracts prickish behavior in others. I have never and I will never try to prevent anyone from doing them. How does that benefit me? Seriously? Do you and let me do me! I won’t ever do anything to deliberately hurt you. Ever. I will work overtime in order to protect your feelings. Try returning the favor.

Anyway …

I’m posting a new review tomorrow so be sure to check it out. Especially you local lurkers. I’m trying a new place tonight and I can’t wait. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be nice. I’ve already read some reviews and they seem to be mixed.

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

This scripture is powerful today!

love to live; live to love!

ShellyShell said...

What a great scripture!

Anonymous said...

This should be no surprise that the enemy will use anyone or anything to knock you down.

I heard today on Christian radio how being intentional in our walk is so important because you had better believe that the enemy is being intentional as well.

So there you have it!

Keep strong, focused, continuously prayed up, and take “the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” Ephesians 6:16

If you need a spiritual snack, I recommend Romans 8:29-31.

GOD BLESS YOU!