Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 19

I smiled easily today.

I finished reading Matthew and have moved onto Mark. For my Thursday night class I'm reading Acts and John. John the Baptist explains in the 3rd chapter of John that in order for God to increase we must decrease (v. 30). God has to be first and I have to take a back seat. It should be refreshing and give me a measure of relief to read this. It should be easy to "let go and let God". I have fought for my independence for years and today my prayer was that I would be able to give it up and be totally dependent on God. Let's face it, my way has not always turned out for the best but God's plans for me are good and full of hope. God's thoughts toward me are of peace and not of evil (Jeremiah 29:11).

Knowing all this, how could I not smile easily today?