Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 31

Another week gone.

Question: Are you more driven by rules or by principles?

I’m singing in a big blues show tonight. It’s been a minute and I’m looking forward to it. I’ll be channeling Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters and Etta James all day. One of the songs I’m singing is called, “You Can Have My Husband, But Please Don’t Mess With My Man!” Don’t you love that? It’s going to be a good night.

The best part of my birthday month is that I rack up the Happy Birthday coupons from my favorite places, so far I received coupons from DSW ($5), JCP ($15) and Salon Vivace ($20). I haven’t been to DSW in ages because I wasn’t thrilled during my last visit—maybe I’ll get a bag or something. I’ll probably buy a bunch of big jewelry at JCP and I have a facial appointment tomorrow at Vivace, so it all works out. I love October.

Have you been checking out the reviews? I went to a cute Latin restaurant last weekend so be on the look out for that review. I need to figure out where I’m going next … in more ways than one.

Today’s message on my calendar of messages reads: Your mind is the most powerful tool you have, and as long as you are clear about what you want, you will take the necessary steps toward reaching your goal.

I love how confirmation continually smacks me dead in the face. It is so true. When I first decided that I wanted to buy my house, I had no clue where to begin … seriously … I was as dumb as a box of rocks. But I was clear about what I wanted and I took the necessary steps and in less than a year I was closing. Not by coincidence. Not by luck. But by faith, determination and hard work.

Life is good.

4 comments:

TJ said...

Did Denise LaSalle do that song (You Can Have My Husband...) It sure sounds familiar. That's so cool that you pressed forward like that with your goal of home ownership. It can be an intimidating process sometimes, even for folks who research it to death like me.

Bunny Brown said...

“You Can Have My Husband, But Please Don’t Mess With My Man!”

Un uh, that's a hot mess!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

No doubt, whatever you set your mind to...it will come to pass.

Obviously, you are a determined individual with clear vision of what it is you want, and often what you don't. ;)

LadyLee said...

That song title had me seeing *crickets*. Thats some drama there.

I am down with principles. Period. Rules should come out of the principles, but that ain't always the case...