Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 34

Are you aware of the profound effect a new shade of lipstick has on your overall well being? Well, let me tell you … it’s amazing. Just amazing. I went for my facial on Saturday and my aesthetician gave me a customized list of colors for the Fall. Afterward I headed on over to the MAC counter to see what I could see. At first I was skeptical because the colors looked really dark but once I put them on POW! Stunning. At least, that’s what the makeup girl said and who am I to argue? You see, during my birthday month I take better care of myself than usual and a couple bucks for “stunning” was well worth it.

I need to do some shopping so I can start dressing for the job I want (business owner) instead of the job that I have (employee). Everything in my closet says BLAH. Neutral colors, suits and very few accessories. I want to glam it up a bit. I have to be so conservative now and it’s making me look and feel kind of old. Or maybe I just feel that way because 45 is right around the corner. Whatever the reason I need to update my wardrobe. Over the weekend I increased my jewelry inventory and thanks to coupons, discounts and gift cards I bought over $53 worth of stuff for only $12. That’s my kind of shopping right there.

Some friends have invited us to have dinner with them tonight on their boat. Now, I’m not a fan of the water … I like looking at it from a distance but I’m not trying to be that close to it, but I’ve been assured that it’s a big enough boat that I’ll be just fine.

My business plans are coming together slowly and I have shaken off my fear of failure. Now, I’m afraid of not trying. This is all too important and I can’t think of one reason why I shouldn’t continue to move forward. There are so many resources available to me that I really don’t have an excuse for not trying.

On another note, my daughter spent the day with me on Saturday. You have to understand, it’s quite rare that she ever emerges from her bedroom and when she does it’s to do something with her friends. But on Saturday she asked if she could tag along while I ran my errands. I, of course, jumped at the chance to spend time with her.

Me: “Why did you decide to hang out with me today?”
Her: “I don’t know. I just wanted to.”
Me: “Good, because I like having you around.”
Her: “Doesn’t everybody?”

She makes me sick.

7 comments:

TJ said...

The right dash of color can work wonders. $53 worth of jewelry for $12 is my kind of shopping too :)

ShellyShell said...

I love a new shade of lipstick! I just bought a fire engine red and can't wait to rock it! I used ot wear red in college then went dark and then on to glosses now the RED is back!
You got a great deal shopping! I love when I get deals!
I'm going to update my blog tonite and write about my trip! The food was DELICIOUS! Especially along the Amalfi Coast(Sorentto,Positano and Capri) to die for! I can't wait to go back and spend a full week!

Grace Matthews said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Your daughter spent time with, you got good deals shopping, and new lipstick...who could want anything more than that?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to answer a teenager with that kind of response or if it's better left to die there in that moment.

My hope is that friends are just an email away when I encounter those kinds of conversations later on with my princess. ;)

I think turning 45 is the perfect excuse for bringing in more color and spicy accessories.

^5 on the frugal shopping!

Blu Jewel said...

Girl, I'm the Empress of getting deals. Nothing like getting really expensive things; shoes being my fave for a fraction of the cost.

Your daughter is a trip. My lil lady might have said something like that too, but she actually loves spending time with me.

I want to get a facial. It's been a year since my last one.

Love to live; live to love!

Bunny Brown said...

Your princess had me rolling! Great deal on the shopping too!

Serenity3-0 said...

I also went to MAC and purchased some burdundy looking lipstick, I was not as convinced as you are that it actually looks good on. I'm gonna have to play with it more. I tried it on at home and Tyler said "Why do you have that goth stuff on your lips? Take that off." Now I don'tknow if I will be able to shake his comment. LOL