Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 44

Well, it’s the 44th day of a 45-day journey. I won’t be posting tomorrow because I’ll be on the road but I wanted to take a few minutes just to sum up what’s been going on.

My goal and intent was to “find myself” for lack of a better term. Admittedly, I was motivated by fear. I was afraid that I would live the rest of my life on automatic pilot, never making a contribution, never doing anything extraordinary, never being fulfilled. What I have learned is that on one hand, I already have a very fulfilling life. I’m surrounded by people who really love and support me. I have great kids, a man who adores me, a good home, a good job, a car that runs, money in the bank and I’m healthy. That’s a lot more than some people. On the other hand I was still feeling some intangible dissatisfaction. The looming feeling that I could do and be more. I’m not satisfied with the status quo.

So here I am. I allowed myself to dream and thanks to a woman who I have never even laid eyes on saying to me: “Don’t you dare ignore that vision”, I am moving forward full steam ahead. Isn’t it funny how just a little bit of encouragement can make all the difference. I remember my best friend saying to me, “You know, I can see you writing a book.” And from that sentence, Raymond’s Daughters was born. Don’t be afraid to encourage others. Don’t be afraid to receive that encouragement. Anyway, as things progress, I probably will not bore you with the day-to-day details. At least not here … but rest assured, I am moving forward.

This has been eye-opening. The greatest lesson that I learned and I hope to share with others is that there is nothing that you can’t do. I used to create my own roadblocks and constantly talk myself out of doing. Yes, there were specific times in the past when I refused to quit and I pressed toward the mark but those were isolated incidents. But then I asked myself … why can’t I do that all the time? Duh! I’m sick when I think about all the time that I’ve wasted but I know that it was all for a reason. I’m ready now and it’s not too late. Forty-five is nowhere near the end. My story is just beginning.

8 comments:

TJ said...

What an inspiring story! Have a joyous 45th!

Grace Matthews said...

Happy Birthday! and Congratulations for coming so far. You are right...you are nowhere near the end. I look forward to seeing your story unfold.

LadyLee said...

Happy Birthday, Chele!

I have enjoyed reading your revelations these past 44 days. It has allowed me to explore my own life and plans.

Enjoy your birthday and your weekend!

Diva (in Demand) said...

Happy Birthday Diva Chele! Enjoy your day to the fullest.

ShellyShell said...

Happy Birthday Chele! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I have really enjoyed reading these past 44 days they have made me dig deep about some things I am going through! Thank you!

Single Ma said...

Happy Born Day Chele! I've enjoyed reading your 45 day revelation. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

"Write the vision and make it plain."

Yep, now get movin'!

Rose said...

Do it girl! Just do it!