Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 41

The countdown is winding down and even though it is coming to an end the habits that I have adopted over these past 41 days are things that I will continue. Things like reading more and watching TV less. Waking up early and exercising. Doing at least one thing everyday to get me closer to the realization of my dream. I am off automatic pilot and I am deliberately living and designing my life. At the beginning of this thing I mentioned how I would wake up mad and just have this under-the-surface kind of anger. No more. I noticed it on Friday when I sprayed gasoline on myself. Instead of cussing and going on … I just kind of chuckled. Our reactions to situations really play a big part in the outcome. If you don’t believe anything else, believe that. Being angry was not serving me. What made it worse was that I couldn’t even tell you what I was angry about.

I have read a lot during this time. In addition to the daily Bible reading, I’ve completed The Shack and Write it Down, Make it Happen. I’m also reading Russell Simmons’ Do You! and Deepak Chopra’s The Seven Laws of Success. I’ve discovered that in order to get rid of negative thoughts they had to be replaced with positivity and action. Whenever something negative creeps in, I immediately replace it with something positive. It’s a conscious choice to be happy. I thought I could just decide to be happy one day and BOOM! Happiness! Nirvana! Ecstasy! Yeah well, It doesn’t quite work that way, you/I really have to work at it. This change is not only improving my attitude but I’m noticing a marked improvement in my relationships. I don’t even think twice about the things that used to bug the hell outta me. Don’t get it twisted, I’m still a work in progress. I’m not walking around with a cheese-eating grin and telling people to have a nice day. I’m really just telling myself to have a nice day. And I do.

I spent several hours on Saturday inside my dream. Right inside it. I won’t explain what that means but when I was in that place I was inspired. I know my outcome and I am doing what it takes to get there. Life is good, man and I just want to scream right now.

5 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I've read The Shack and the Write it Down book. I have the 7 Habits of Successful People on list at the library. I think it's important to feel your mind with things you want to gravitate on and focus on. It's gonna be filled with something, might as well be something good.

TJ said...

Sounds like an interesting place to be, inside your dream! How great is that?

Remnants of U said...

"I am off automatic pilot and I am deliberately living and designing my life."

Wow...It's a choice, and I have to do this. Thank you for allowing me in on your journey...Even if I don't comment, I am taking note. Living inside your dream. Amazing.

LadyLee said...

Go Oldgirl... You go...

Anonymous said...

You feel good, very good, and it shows!

I know about making choices. Today I had to talk myself out of getting upset. "Don't sweat the small stuff."