Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pre-Game Show

I went on my first vegetarian grocery shopping trip today. I expected to spend less money but somehow it turned out exactly the same -- about $150 for the week.

This is what I have planned for the week:

Minestrone soup with sun-dried tomatoes and white beans
Veggie fajitas
Veggie pizza
Cheese enchiladas
And a pasta dish that includes sauteed zucchini, squash, mushrooms and tomatoes served over linguine. I used to toss in shrimp. Not this time though. I'll have vegetable soup and/or salads for lunch.

I also went to the gym this morning and my current weight is 137.5 pounds. I'm wondering if my March diet will affect that. While at the gym, I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill alternating between walking and jogging. I burned 350 calories. I worked on the ab machine and I did lateral pull downs. It was a productive day.

4 comments:

Single Ma said...

Since we've been eating healthier, I noticed more and more of our meals are without meat (unintentionally) because I've increased the vegetables. Everything you've listed here sounds yummy. When you have time, can you share the pasta dish recipe? I've never eaten zucchini but I'd like to add it to our weekly rotation.

Re: your work outs - you are doing IT! Now that I'm also finished the c25k program, I think it's about time for me to add strength training to my weekly routine.

Anonymous said...

You're a health nut! ;)

By the way, I have my first ever personal training session Monday for an hour. I'm already in pain!

LadyLee said...

$150.00??? WOW!! You went shopping for real!

Sounds good... It will be interesting!

Remnants of U said...

So your son & daughter are going meatless as well?

When I eat my veggies, I love to saute zucchini & squash they are soo easy to do something quick with. The pasta dish sounds super yummy.