On December 8, 2009 in this post I declared that 2010 would be the year to live and love fearlessly. I extended an invitation for you to join me and some of you agreed to jump on board and kick fear in the butt.
How are you doing? Has it been difficult? Has it been freeing? Have you noticed a change in how you walk? How you speak to people? What’s going on after six months?
Here are some of the things that I’ve discovered about myself in the last six months:
1. I had to be willing to let go of the life that I had planned in order to take advantage of the life that was waiting for me. Fear had me bound to a life that just "didn't fit" me anymore. Sometimes we hold so tightly to the familiar because its easier and safer. But I’ve realized that the familiar isn’t always better and in some cases could be harmful.
2. I am stronger than I thought I was. Which is actually saying a lot because I’ve always believed that I was a strong woman. Freakishly strong. lol
3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me. I am wonderfully and beautifully made. I am perfect (i.e., whole, complete).
4. God never disappoints. Ever. There are things that He does that I don’t understand but I know that all things work together for good.
5. There are some things that God will do but then there are things that He has given me the power to do and I should do those things and stop waiting on Him.
The first six months have not been easy. I suppose making major changes never is and shouldn’t be. I’m glad these first six months are behind me and I’m looking forward to watching the next six months unfold.