Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving On

I’m over the disappointment. Thanks for all the encouragement. I guess I didn’t allow fear to get the better of me and I should be happy about that … but the box still isn’t checked. Yet.

Regarding my iron levels … le sigh. I take the pill with orange juice every morning and every evening. And I eat at least one orange a day. So, I’m thinking absorption wouldn’t be an issue with all that vitamin C. I’ve had this problem for at least twenty years but I have never exhibited any physical symptoms. It never really bothered me before, in fact I used to get irritated with my doctor when she’d bring it up. “I don’t know why you’re not falling out in the street somewhere!” she’d say. Hmph. Yeah, me neither. My levels were below 10.5 yesterday. Normal is 30. Maybe, I’m just a freak of nature.

Moving on …

I’m gearing up to do a whole lotta nothing this weekend. I’m mentally tired. I need to pick out new flooring for my kitchen, hallway and foyer but I just don’t feel like it. I still need to pick up September’s book club pick but I just don’t feel like it. I need to take the Princess to finish her school shopping but I really just don’t feel like it. I need a break from all the ripping and running.

I’m going to the grocery store tonight and pick up some comfort food. Maybe I'll make something Italian. I watched Anthony Bourdain in Rome last night and I was salivating. Tomorrow I’m going to try and sleep late (later than 7:00 a.m.). I should probably get some cardio in. I’ll wash my hair. Change my nail polish. Do a few loads of laundry. Watch some movies. And that’s it. In the evening I’ll head to my sister’s house for a cookout and some drinks.

I'm out.

4 comments:

Remnants of U said...

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Sat. starts my work week. Boy I hope that lottery ticket I bought at the gas station is a winner. LOL!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Sounds like you're going to rest and indulge and take care of yourself. Good for you!! Have a blessed weekend.

Icey said...

I love me some Anthony Bourdain! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Luv said...

you've been feeling like i have been feeling for a minute..it seems this entire summer i have been rushing from this place to the next and well i am just plain ol tired..i just want to sleep until i am ready to get up..impossible.
i haven't even had a chance to go to the movies to see anything...

i have very low iron.. at one point it was a 7... we don't test it any more...i am allergic to iron pills and well..