Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Other Job

Did I ever you tell you about my other job? Yeah, I have another job as a chauffer.


It's awesome.


I was on duty full-time today.


Of course, I had to get up at 5:00 am in order to get a workout in before my official shift started. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to fit it in at all. Here's what my day looked like:


5:30 am - leave for the gym


6:30 am - return home


7:30 am - leave home to take the Princess to the DMV so she could take her test for her learner's permit. She passed!!!!!!


10:00 am - drive her home from the DMV


10:45 am - drive her to a fund raising event for her step team


I had some personal errands of my own to run so I went to the bookstore to pick up Terry McMillan's latest and the O bookclub pick. I also ran into Tarjay to get some shower curtain liners.


1:45 pm - pick her up from the fund raising event


2:20 pm - take her to the mall so she could buy a new outfit for later that evening.


3:00 pm - get into an argument with her about said outfit and leave her and go to Sephora for some of my own retail therapy.


4:15 pm - leave the mall and head back to the house


5:45 pm - leave the house to pick up one of her friends that will be joining her for dinner.


6:00 pm - take her and the friend to the restaurant where she will be celebrating her birthday and getting her permit with more of her friends.


6:30 pm - return home, prepare the spaghetti alla puttenesca and open the bottle of red wine and plan to enjoy the rest of the evening secure in the knowledge that I won't have to leave the house again because the princess is spending the night at her girlfriend's house.


7:45 pm - get a text from the Princess requesting a ride after the movie because her girlfriend's mother bailed.


I am so happy she passed her test today and got her learner's permit. That means that in about nine months I'll be able to hang up my chauffer's cap.

4 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Gosh you make me tired just reading your post. Happy Birthday to your Princess & a big congratulations to her for getting her learners permit!

Anonymous said...

HAHA..it does get better only there are pro's and con's to being a taxi cab without the tips...the con is that the next step is graduating from being a taxi driver to becoming a worry wort when they are driving themselves :-)

Icey said...

Best thing EVER was when W got her license! Much luck to the Princess!

Remnants of U said...

Ha! ha! All that chauffering when is the sitting in the passenger seat & being a driving instructor job starting?

That was pretty scary for me. LOL!