Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Countdown to Race Day (1)



This will not be my normal weigh-in day and time but I needed a starting point. My offical weigh-ins will be on Sunday mornings.


Goals

Lose 5 lbs

Lose 2 inches off my waist

Complete the 5k (3.1 miles) in less than 30 minutes


The strategy is to strengthen my core, get rid of the extra fat around my midsection and improve my form in order to pick up speed.


Today's Meals

Breakfast - 1 banana, 6 oz Greek yogurt, green tea

Lunch - 1/2 cup of Frito corn salad

Snack - small plum

Dinner - Chicken breast with olives, raisins and spinach rice, glass of white wine

Drank water all day


Today's Workout: 2 sets

Superman - 10 reps

Bridge - 10 reps

Metronome - 10 reps

Plank Lift

Side Plank


By the way, did you know that one piece of flat bread is 260 calories??? Yeah, I didn't. Today's diet was not that great but I didn't plan to have a meltdown in the middle of the week.

No comments: