Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Food Remorse

Confession: I have very little self-control when it comes to food.

Last night I was at a get-together with friends and as most friends do at get-togethers, we ate. That was the purpose of us getting together. And when I say, “we ate”, I mean we really ate. I had ribs (two servings), chicken, grilled vegetables, Greek salad, Frito corn salad (two servings) and a piece of chocolate pie.

When I woke up this morning I was either still full or feeling too guilty to eat. I had a banana and now I’m sipping on some green tea. And I missed my regular sunrise run at 5:30.

Sometimes I just want to kick myself. Every single day I look at my abs and curse myself for not working harder and yet I sit down to a meal that further sabotages me.

Seriously, who does that???

I have been consistently running 3-4 times a week, every week but the scale doesn’t move and I know it’s because I can’t stop stuffing my face. The only reason I don’t gain weight is because of the running but I have got to do more, Man!

There’s a race on August 20th that I thought about running but after my lack of success in my last run I was hesitant to sign up. Who needs the pressure? I could feel myself falling back into my usual complacency. Well, this morning I signed up. I am going to revamp my diet, add serious core training to my workouts, drop 5 lbs and kick this race’s ass.

A while back I participated in a weight loss challenge and lost 5 lbs in 30 days. I was exercising but it was all about the diet. I’ve done it before and I can do it again.

I cannot continue to do the same things over and over again and expect different results. What’s that called, again? Oh yeah … INSANITY.

So, for the next month, you guys are going to keep me accountable whether you want to or not. I'll be posting my weight, what I'm eating and my workouts up until race day.

Enough is enough.

5 comments:

TJ said...

Sometimes I just want to kick myself. Every single day I look at my abs and curse myself for not working harder and yet I sit down to a meal that further sabotages me.

Seriously, who does that???

*slowly raises hand* and now I have no excuse.

chele said...

@TJ: Well, at least I'm not alone. But seriously, we can do better!

ShellyShell said...

Chele I do the same thing. I've been running and was just asked to run a 10k and a half! The scale isn't moving and it's not as much as the stuff I eat but the stuff I drink! I like wine and vodka and can't say no to either one! I'm not an alkie I just like to sip! I know I gotta do better!

Last night I went to dinner and had a shrimp appetizer for my entree I had pork chops with a mustard caper sauce with yellow rice and black beans! Not horrible. But I had 4 Mojitos which = SUGAR! I gotta do better! You are NOT alone!

chele said...

@Shelly - Don't get me talking about my red wine! I'm not giving that up ...

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my struggle.

Diva (in Demand) said...

Not only will that keep you accountable but it will also inspire others!

I ran 1.5 miles today in 20 minutes because of you.