Sunday, December 11, 2011

All's Well That Ends Well

I cannot believe how busy I was last week. It seemed that every moment was filled with some kind of activity. Forget about the increased workload at the 9 to 5, but all the activities that took place after 5 ... it just seemed overwhelming.

On Monday, I forced myself to run a few miles on the treadmill because I missed my normal Sunday long run. On Tuesday I had a life group meeting. On Wednesday, I agreed to have some photos taken for a friend's website. She's starting an earring line and asked me to participate. Which was really flattering because she's 28 and a real model ... and I'm ... well ... I'm no model. On Thursday, I headed back to the treadmill for a few more miles. On Friday I did the grocery shopping. On Saturday I got up at the crack of dawn to run a 5k (best time ever!), came home and put up the Christmas tree with the Princess then she had the bright idea that we should make s'mores. Huh? I don't think I ever made s'mores before ... I had the fire going in the fireplace, so why not? They were okay. Then on Saturday night I had to work the information desk at church.

Which brings us to today ... I got up early and ran 4.5 miles, came home, showered and did the hair and nails, put some country ribs in the crockpot and I've been posted up on the couch ever since.

I was thinking about doing some Christmas shopping today but for real, you couldn't pay me to leave this house. It was a struggle to get off the couch and write this post.

Well, another movie is about to come on, so I'm out. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday as much as I'm enjoying mine.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Yay for your best time ever! I guess I'll finish working out these holiday decorations and stuff.