Monday, September 3, 2012

Easy Breezy Long Weekends

I defy you to name one thing that is better than a long weekend. Go ahead, I’ll wait.


I didn’t think so.

This weekend was wonderful. My daughter came home for the weekend because her school’s football team was playing one the schools in our town. Her school lost. Boo hoo. It was so good to see her. She actually only spent Saturday with her friends and Friday and Sunday she pretty much was at the house. It was so good to see her face. She was not happy that I kept referring to her old room as the “guest room”. She knows I was kidding. As long as I have a roof, she has a roof. We did some shopping today before I brought her back so she could pick up a few things she needed: snacks, makeup, etc. I love that little girl. I like dealing with her as a college student. She actually asked me if she still had a curfew. I just shook my head. My son never asked about a curfew he just assumed that it was all good. And it was.

I spent a lot of time this weekend looking for home décor items and for the most part was unsuccessful. Finally, today I went to Kirkland’s and saw a bunch of things that I actually liked. I will be making another trip. I also found this gem at a consignment shop:



As you can see, I’m a little light in the area of wine, so if you ever feel the urge to send me a gift … a bottle of wine will always be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

So, while I was in the mall today I ran into a man that I knew many years ago. It was weird. I don’t believe I had seen him in more than 10 years and he and his teenage son were coming right toward me and I didn’t recognize him. They walked past me and then I heard him calling my name. I turned around and looked and then it registered who he was. We chatted for a minute to catch up and the entire time I was totally uncomfortable. Our past is not something that I care to reflect on … but he was conversing with me like we were once best buddies. I guess I need to learn to let things go.

Speaking of men, I heard from my awkward moment guy. He IM’d me at work on Friday like it hadn’t been two weeks since we had spoken. Just chit-chat, nothing heavy. I guess I really need to learn to let things go. Maybe I take things too personally and I need to learn how to be more easy-breezy. I’ve never been easy-breezy before.

In other news:  Just a month and a half before my birthday trip. I am beyond exited but before that I have challenged myself to run 100 miles in September – or get as close as possible. This will involve running everyday for some period of time. So far so good: as of today I have run every day in September. Go me!





2 comments:

LadyLee said...

You said it. And I agree. There is NOTHING like a long weekend. Nothing at all. Glad yours was nice!

BluJewel said...

Happy to hear you and the Princess shared some good/quality time together. I saw Lil Lady last night as she popped by to grab mail. It was nice to see her and made me a little sad/lonely when she left. I miss her!

Learning to let go is gospel for me. Carrying or holding onto things that have long past blocks channels for me and I need them open in order to receive my blessings. Being "easy-breezy" isn't easy, but it's great once you get there. :-)