How’s that for a title? It’s probably one of the dumbest sentences I have ever uttered. But what can I say? It’s true. I actually feel fat on Sundays. I know it’s because it’s the one day of the week that I don’t lift weights. I also spend the majority of the day lying down: either on a chaise lounge in the backyard or on the sofa.I have to intentionally remind myself that Sunday is still a very active day and even though much of the day is spent watching the clock waiting to eat my next meal, that is not all I do.
- I got up early yesterday and ran close to three miles.
- I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items I had forgotten to get earlier in the week.
- I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair.
- I cooked a few days’ worth of chicken breast and sweet potatoes.
- I tried a new recipe for falafel. It was actually pretty tasty.
- I made a week’s worth of egg white muffins.
- I took the first part of my final exam for my Finance class (passed with a B).
- I did my nails – fingers and toes!
Monday morning can’t come quick enough and I’m back in the gym throwing weights around.
I feel normal again. If this can be considered normal.
I’m 12 days away from stepping on a stage and for whatever reason it’s starting to sink in. My nerves are on high alert. My trainer must have some kind of weird intuition because he just sent me a text reminding me that I’m not alone with a picture that he took of me at posing practice. I look pretty good.
I am so ready for this.