Monday, June 17, 2013

I Feel Fat on Sundays


How’s that for a title?  It’s probably one of the dumbest sentences I have ever uttered.  But what can I say?  It’s true.  I actually feel fat on Sundays.  I know it’s because it’s the one day of the week that I don’t  lift weights.   I also spend the majority of the day lying down:  either on a chaise lounge in the backyard or on the sofa. 
I have to intentionally remind myself that Sunday is still a very active day and even though much of the day is spent watching the clock waiting to eat my next meal, that is not all I do.

  • I got up early yesterday and ran close to three miles.
  • I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items I had forgotten to get earlier in the week.
  • I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair.
  • I cooked a few days’ worth of chicken breast and sweet potatoes.
  • I tried a new recipe for falafel.  It was actually pretty tasty.
  • I made a week’s worth of egg white muffins.
  • I took the first part of my final exam for my Finance class (passed with a B).
  • I did my nails – fingers and toes!
Yet still at the end of the day I feel fat.  I don't get on the scale and stay away from the mirror.

Monday morning can’t come quick enough and I’m back in the gym throwing weights around. 
I feel normal again.  If this can be considered normal.

I’m 12 days away from stepping on a stage and for whatever reason it’s starting to sink in.  My nerves are on high alert.  My trainer must have some kind of weird intuition because he just sent me a text reminding me that I’m not alone with a picture that he took of me at posing practice.  I look pretty good.

I am so ready for this.

1 comment:

ShellyP said...

Ooh, so excited for you!!