Monday, June 10, 2013

Recovery


I’ve recovered from my last post.  Whatever.  I’m still saddened by the experience.  Saddened because someone who read the post said to me, “Poor Chele, you actually think marriage means something.”
Wow.

I shouldn’t be disillusioned.  I’ve seen enough in my life and in my own marriages to know better.  But a small part of me really wants to believe that marriage vows actually DO mean something.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Less than 3 weeks from the show.  My trainer suggested that I jump in and do another show one week prior to my show. I’m ready and I thought it was a good idea but when I did a little research, I think it would be good for me to pass.  Mainly because the rules for this show are different than the show that I’m preparing for.  Specifically, I’d be required to wear a one-piece suit in addition to the two-piece suit that I have.  I am not spending any more money on competition suits.  Ain’t nobody got time for that.  I’ll just maintain my weight and continue to practice my posing and my routine and be ready to walk on stage on the 29th.

I can’t believe I am finally coming to the end of this journey.  I still don’t know if I plan to continue competing after this.  To be perfectly honest, there’s no burning desire to do this more than once.  Unless I don’t place in the top 5 … then I’d have to do it again just to prove that I can.  I don’t know.  We’ll see how I feel after the show.  I’m going on vacation right afterward and I wish I would have made travel plans.  Guess it’ll be a stay-cation for me.  Which isn’t bad considering where I live.  I envision a few days lounging on the beach, good wine a few restaurant visits.  Maybe even a review or two.   

1 comment:

LadyLee said...

Go Chele! I hope you win! *throws glitter*

Marriage has to mean something to you personally. I am realizing that it doesn't mean much on a societal level. Nerp. I have to hold it up in value to myself personally.