Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Holding on to Hope

It’s 8:00 pm on Wednesday and I have finally finished working for the day.  I’ve been up since 5:30 this morning and the day started with early morning intercessory prayer at church.  I love Wednesday mornings.  It is so peaceful and calming to gather together to pray early in the morning with a small group of believers.  The theme for prayer coincides with the first week’s Advent theme:  hope.  There are so many people in the world who have come to a place of hopelessness and it’s important to remember that Jesus came to provide hope.

That really set the tone for my day.  I worked out, I had a consultation call and I spent the remainder of the day marketing my business.  Before I knew it, it was 8:00 and I still have a to-do list that is pretty long.  Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

I created a marketing graphic today that included the following copy:  today’s actions are tomorrow’s results.  I love the fact that so many fitness mantras apply to all aspects of life.  I worked really hard today and I am very hopeful that all this work will net real results.  In fact, I’m more than hopeful, I’m sure that it will.  Just like in fitness, daily exercise nets physical results.  The type of activity is what determines how quickly the results will appear, but you can be sure as long as there is activity results are on the way.


I say all that to remind myself that God is with me.  My work will not be in vain.  I have faith that God answers prayer and according to His word, faith without works is dead. So I work in accordance with my faith.

No comments: